Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Dropbox is authorized to do business.** Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences.
**Dropbox is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Dropbox is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Dropbox is registered.
Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
Our Business Strategy & Operations team sets and drives key business initiatives across the company. We complement and support product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams across three critical areas: corporate and business unit strategy, business planning and sales operations, and business systems and tools development.
Dropbox is looking to become the industry leader in Data driven sales. The Revenue Data Engineering team will deliver the data platform and tools to drive revenue by combining the rich internal data across 500M+ Dropbox users and external data on buying patterns of prospects and customers.
The Data Engineer is responsible for designing and developing robust, scalable solutions for collecting, analyzing large data sets, creating and maintaining data pipelines, data structures and reports to be used by the revenue organization at Dropbox.
- Understand business processes, internal customer data needs and how to implement robust solutions into the overall data architecture
- Design, build and manage data marts to satisfy our growing data needs
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines at enterprise scale and builds out new API integrations
- Build data expertise and own data quality for various data flows
- Launch and support new data models that provide intuitive analytics to internal customers
- Design and develop new framework and automation tools to enable teams to consume and understand data faster
- Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages like SQL, Python and Java to support analysts and data scientists
- Interface with internal data consumers to understand data needs
- Collaborate with multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- 4+ years of SQL experience
- 4+ years of Python or Java development experience
- 4+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience working in data warehousing, data architecture and/or data engineering environments at enterprise scale
- Ability to analyze data to identify problems, gaps and inconsistencies
- Experience designing, building and maintaining data processing systems
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).