Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Dropbox is authorized to do business.** Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences.
**Dropbox is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Dropbox is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Dropbox is registered.
Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
Our Marketing team sets product positioning and strategy, manages product launches, and gathers customer insights. We’re responsible for maximizing our products' potential, in order to delight our users and help Dropbox grow. We partner with teams across the company, including Product, Sales, and Engineering.
As a Marketing Analytics Manager, you will primarily be responsible for working with stakeholders within Marketing to produce impactful insights from Dropbox’s complex data environment. You will work cross-functionally as an individual contributor across marketing, data engineering, data science, financial planning, and IT systems to execute on your insights and drive impact for Marketing and Dropbox.
This role will also have an emphasis on supporting the email and lifecycle marketing team, owning end-to-end performance reporting on all their core metrics and providing insight to the team. You will partner closely with them to derive an extensive understanding of our marketing campaigns in order to contextualize measured business performance. In turn, you will be a key thought partner in making strategic data-driven decisions about marketing.
- Act as an embedded analytics partner for the email and lifecycle marketing team: own end-to-end performance reporting on all core metrics
- Ensure your numbers are air-tight by performing individual quality control, checking with relevant data owners, and cross-referencing findings against secondary sources
- Drive interpretation, socialization and adoption of operational marketing reports
- Extract insights on behavior of customers acquired through the email and lifecycle marketing channel using analytics tools, data platforms, and internal databases
- Surface analytical insights: proactively investigate root causes of aberrant data, and identify opportunities for optimization
- Lead design and implementation of experimentation necessary to improve channel efficiency, drive growth, and inform marketing investment decisions
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex analyses throughout the marketing organization
- Strong data visualization and dashboarding experience (e.g. Tableau)
- Strong project management skills
- 4+ years experience in a quantitative discipline
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Familiarity with marketing tactics, including campaigns and marketing channels such as SEM, Display, and Email, is a plus
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Business, or related discipline
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company contribution toward individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)