Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Dropbox is authorized to do business.** Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences.
**Dropbox is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Dropbox is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Dropbox is registered.
Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
In this role you will build very large, scalable platforms using cutting edge data technologies. This is not a “maintain existing platform” or “make minor tweaks to current code base” kind of role. We are effectively building from the ground up and plan to leverage the most recent Big Data technologies. If you enjoy building new things without being constrained by technical debt, this is the job for you!
- You will help define company data assets (data model), spark, sparkSQL and hiveSQL jobs to populate data models
- You will help define and design data integrations, data quality frameworks and design and evaluate open source/vendor tools for data lineage
- You will work closely with Dropbox business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term Data Platform architecture
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 4+ years of Python or Java development experience
- 4+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus)
- 4+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Proven ability in regards to managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- Experience designing, building and maintaining data processing systems
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or a MPP system on any size/scale
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company contribution toward individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)