Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Dropbox is authorized to do business.** Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences.
**Dropbox is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Dropbox is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Dropbox is registered.
Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to work across our customer segments to identify which use cases and opportunities are best tackled with machine learning. Dropbox cannot fulfill our mission of enabling an enlightened way of work without investing in technologies that deliver an exceptional experience to our users at scale — machine learning is a critical part of that investment.
As a Product Manager on the Machine Learning (ML) team in New Frontiers, you will help execute the vision and strategy for how we maximize the value of our ML platform across our portfolio of products to deliver the greatest value for our users. You will be a subject matter expert on applying ML to Dropbox products, informing which problems are best tackled with ML and partner closely with product managers, researchers and designers to prioritize, design and deploy applied ML experiments that drive business impact. You will ideate, design and partner to deploy experimental ML-forward products that aim to empower Dropbox consumer and professional users alike.
In this role, you will partner with a world class team of Machine Learning Engineers, Designers, Researchers, and Analysts to understand users’ needs and build ML solutions that help users do more with Dropbox.
- You will be a key player in turning Dropbox’s intelligence strategy into a prioritized roadmap of initiatives and executing in a fast changing technical and market landscape
- You will inform and expand Dropbox’s understanding of data assets (user, activity, content) through your work
- You will identify new opportunities to improve products for users and drive outsized impact through AI/ML
- You will maintain a solid understanding of in-flight projects and features across Dropbox and be an internal champion for adoption of smart capabilities
- You will improve Dropbox’s intelligence platform across segment and surface by deploying new and compelling building blocks
- You will evaluate products across Dropbox and hold the standard for how smart a solution should be
- 5+ years of product management experience, ideally with productivity and collaboration products or AI/ML technologies and platforms
- User-driven approach embodied in past work that meaningfully translate customer problems into solutions that leverage intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to successfully design and deploy 0-to-1 features and functionality, and package them for reuse
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with senior engineers
- Strong influence and cross-functional collaboration skills; able to create clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts
- Nice to Have: BS or MS in computer science, data science, machine learning or similar or experience as an Engineer, Designer, Researcher
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company contribution toward individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)