Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Dropbox’s Machine Learning group develops high impact solutions that touch millions of people and a lot of data. From images to documents in every language, the Dropbox ML team delivers solutions using the full range of Machine Learning techniques from computer vision to supervised learning to deep learning to online learning. While some of our algorithms run on mobile devices, others require large clusters on our infrastructure.
Dropbox is looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to join our GTM team. The ML-GTM team uses our large and unique datasets to model, understand, and predict customer behavior to help optimize customer acquisition, engagement, retention, personalization, and more.
- You will work with business partners (core product, growth, etc) to ideate projects and deliver value to our customers through the use of applied machine learning
- You will work within the Machine Learning Team to design, code, train, test, deploy and iterate on large scale machine learning systems
- You will build delightful products and experiences for millions Dropbox customers, while working alongside an excellent, multi-functional team across Engineering, Product and Design
- You will help craft the direction of machine learning and artificial intelligence at Dropbox
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field involving Machine Learning, or equivalent technical experience
- 8+ years of experience building machine learning or AI systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven software engineering skills across multiple languages including but not limited to Python, C/C++
- Experience with machine learning software packages (e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Caffe, Theano, Torch)
- PhD in Computer Science or related field with research in machine learning
- Experience with one or more of the following: natural language processing, deep learning, bayesian reasoning, recommendation systems, learning for search, speech processing, learning from semistructured data, reinforcement or active learning, ML software systems, machine learning on mobile devices
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 11 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)