Data Architect, Senior
When you’ve developed so many systems that you can envision the best solution for any data-driven challenge, but you can also anticipate and preempt future issues, you’re an architect. You’ve evolved your skills into strategy through a long path of software development, data science, and AI accomplishments, and you have the curiosity to understand how all the pieces of an IT ecosystem fit together. You consider the immediate requirements, but also future-proof solutions and consider long-term operations. Your experience working with the challenges of the health domain have exposed you to complexities of data, privacy and ethics, and healthcare policy. Are you ready to use your combination of knowledge, skill, and experience to tackle the toughest challenges in healthcare?
As an architect on our team, you'll translate your customer’s business and IT needs and future goals into a plan by crafting cutting edge cloud-based analytic and AI solutions. Through your leadership, we’ll help transform the way health agencies operate by implementing advanced technologies and modernizing legacy systems. You’ll have leadership opportunities that put you at the table with clients seeking solutions to pressing challenges facing the nation and high performing teams with whom you collaborate to make your vision into reality.
Join us and build the future of technology in healthcare for the better.
- 5+ years of experience with software design, solution, application, or technical architecture in Cloud environments for AI applications, including AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- 3+ years of experience managing technical teams, including supporting Agile sprints, reporting progresses, and communicating to leadership
- Experience with extract, transform, and load (ETL) integrating and processing structured and unstructured datasets in relational databases, including SQL or Postgres
- Experience with technologies and data architectures associated with big data and AI, including Databricks and SageMaker
- Experience taking complex and nebulous requests and distilling into clear and actionable requirements
- Experience with program or project management functions and communications
- Ability to be a self-starter, take the lead, and provide support in a team role within a complex, fast-paced, and cross-disciplinary work environment
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor's degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with graph databases, including neo4j and ArangoDB
- Experience in medical devices, supply chain, or workflow design
- Experience in high throughput computing solutions, including Databricks and its architecture
- Ability to exhibit flexibility, initiative, and innovation when dealing with ambiguous and fast-paced situations
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and consulting skills
- Master's degree
- PMP Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll build your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $81,800.00 to $186,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.