Ever-expanding technology like IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence means that there’s more structured and unstructured data available today than ever before. As a data engineer, you know that organizing big data can yield pivotal insights when it’s gathered from disparate sources. We need a data professional like you to help our clients find answers in their big data to impact important missions from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence.
As a big data engineer, you’ll use your skills and experience to implement data engineering activities on some of the most mission-driven projects in the industry. You’ll develop and deploy the pipelines and platforms that organize and make disparate data meaningful.
Here, you’ll work with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, data engineers, developers, and data consumers in a fast-paced, agile environment. You’ll sharpen your skills in analytical exploration and data examination while you support the assessment, design, developing, and maintenance of scalable platforms for your clients. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Work with us to use big data for good.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 2+ years of experience utilizing programming languages, including Java, Python, SQL, or Scala
- 2+ years of experience creating software for retrieving, parsing, and processing structured and unstructured data
- Experience with developing and maintaining scalable ETL and ELT workflows and data stores that supply big data in forms needed for business analysis
- Experience with distributed data and computing tools such as Spark, Databricks, Hadoop, Hive, AWS EMR, or Kafka
- Experience with data architecture, analytics, data modeling, and database design
- Experience gathering requirements and creating solutions within a collaborative, cross-functional team environment
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with a public cloud, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience working on real-time data and streaming applications
- Experience with Containerization and Kubernetes
- Experience working in Kanban and Agile development processes
- Experience with Git and collaboration tools, including Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, Nexus, or Bitbucket
- Knowledge of basic data science and machine learning concepts
- Secret clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
The salary for this position will be determined based on various factors. The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is 75,000 to 125,000.
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll develop your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.