Data Engineer, Senior
Provide support to the data engineering activities on some of the most mission-driven projects in the industry. Drive the development of data products and design and stand-up big data platforms. Define data engineering standards and approaches to leading the assessment, design, building, and maintenance of scalable platforms. Guide stakeholders to solve their most pressing challenges.
- 5+ years of experience developing and maintaining scalable data stores that supply big data in forms needed for business analysis
- 5+ years of experience with the entire ETL/ELT pipeline, including data ingestion, data prep, and database architecture
- 5+ years of experience with coding languages such as Python, Scala, or SQL
- 3+ years of experience working with big data technologies and distributed computing processing, including Spark
- 1+ years of experience with AWS cloud data services
- Experience creating software for retrieving, parsing, and processing structured and unstructured data
- Knowledge of relational databases, including AWS RDS, SQL Server, and Oracle
- Ability to develop scripts and programs for converting various types of data into usable formats and support project team to scale, monitor, and operate data platforms
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience creating solutions within a collaborative and cross-functional team environment
- Experience with Agile engineering practices
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presenting client deliverables
Applicants selected will be subject to a government investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements of the U.S. government client; Public Trust determination is required.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $73,100.00 to $166,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.