Data Governance Analyst
As the data governance specialist, you will serve as a key influencer and champion to introducing, maintaining, and driving adoption of data governance standards across the organization. In this role, you will manage all aspects of formulating and carrying out data policies and practices for our enterprise data. Your strong analytical mindset, exceptional business acumen, effective communication skills, and operational excellence will help drive progress and results on our data governance initiatives. Furthermore, your data governance skills and experience will greatly support our mission to enable the business with the right data.
NAVSEA is responsible for a significant portion of the U.S. Navy’s data. Much of that data is stove-piped and on prem and needs to be modernized and democratized to increase access and usability. NAVSEA needs Booz Allen support in data modeling, meta data management, and master data management to lead NAVSEA data governance, data analytics, and data management efforts.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Create and maintain enterprise data standards and guidelines that reflect the firm’s data strategy and risk tolerance in coordination with the Chief Data Officer
- Collaborate with the firm’s data privacy and cybersecurity teams to ensure our data policies comply with data privacy and security requirements
- Manage any enterprise data governance working groups or initiatives
- Support the education of data management best practices across the firm
- Partner with senior leadership to develop metrics to measure the success of data governance activities
- Deliver thought leadership for future data governance and management techniques and processes
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 5+ years of experience in a data governance, data analysis, data quality, business intelligence, or data management domains role
- Experience developing and implementing data standards, practices, and procedures
- Experience with data governance principles and supporting technology
- Experience with industry frameworks
- Experience with data governance software, including Collibra
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies, including Agile or JIRA
- Experience with business intelligence tools, including Tableau or PowerBI
- Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree
Nice If You Have:
- 7+ years of experience in a data governance, data analysis, data quality, business intelligence, or data management domains role
- Knowledge of privacy and cybersecurity policies and frameworks
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts
- Knowledge of data technologies or capabilities in Databricks
- Ability to quickly build credibility and trust with internal customers and clients
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll build your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $81,800.00 to $186,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.