Data Scientist, Consultant
Serve as a technical lead on analytic tasks in the federal health space. Conduct analytic work as an individual contributor, organize analytic work for small- to medium-sized tasks, help teams solve complex coding or analytic issues, and mentor junior analysts. Identify opportunities to leverage analytic solutions to help clients solve new and existing problems. Collaborate with diverse team members, including quantitative and qualitative analysts, policy experts, communications specialists, and project managers.
- 2+ years of experience performing data management with health data in SAS, SQL, Python, or R
- Experience analyzing health insurance claims data
- Experience managing tasks for others
- Ability to calculate descriptive statistics
- Ability to create data visualizations using standard tools such as Power BI, AWS QuickSight, or Tableau
- Ability to communicate and clearly explain complex methodologies and present findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as an epidemiology, economics, or statistics field
- Experience with SAS
- Experience with the federal procurement and proposal process
- Knowledge of CMS data such as Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS), Master Beneficiary Summary File (MBSF), Standard Analytic Files (SAF), Prescription Drug Event (PDE) data, Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey (MCBS), or Transformed Medicaid Statistical Information System (T-MSIS)
- Knowledge of CMS data systems such as Chronic Conditions Warehouse (CCW) or Integrated Data Repository (IDR)
- Ability to conduct inferential statistical analyses such as hypothesis testing or regression analysis
Applicants selected will be subject to a government investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements of the U.S. government client.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $58,400.00 to $133,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.