Data Scientist, Lead
Are you a seasoned analytics professional who wants to be at the cutting-edge of data science and artificial intelligence? If you care about leading a mission forward as much as advancing the field of data science, this is the opportunity for you. Your deep analytics and consulting expertise, coupled with an original approach to your work, will guide clients and stakeholders as they make sense of their data and encourage actionable results. We’re looking for someone like you to lead complex data exploration and analytics projects.
As an advanced data scientist on our AI team, you’ll introduce innovative methodologies to make a real-world impact on fraud prevention and healthcare. You’ll share your skills in data science, AI and machine learning and shape the future of analytics through a variety of means like business development and intellectual capital creation including peer-reviewed papers, or major conference presentations.
We’ll keep you sharp and moving forward in your career, with access to online courses, the latest tools and methods and opportunities to publish or present at conferences. Whether you’re using AI to detect fraud, waste and abuse or enhancing the quality of healthcare for Veterans, you’ll lead a team that serves critical missions from end to end. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 6+ years of experience with data science, data analytics, bioinformatics, machine learning or data engineering, including in a management or advisory role
- Experience with programming languages, including SQL, Java, R, Python, or PySpark
- Experience with cloud computing technologies including AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience with creating solutions within a collaborative, cross-functional team environment
- Ability to explain analytic and model findings to senior leadership and non-technical audiences
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have:
- 3+ years of experience with project management, including providing technical direction and leadership to data science teams
- Experience with developing and implementing successful market strategies and business developments and leading proposal, project, and intellectual capital creation
- Experience with fraud detection analytics and data, including developing predictive models around fraud, risk, or other rare events
- Experience in working with healthcare data, including claims, electronic health records, or financial transactions and payments
- Knowledge of the landscape of technology capabilities around AI/ML, including experience with a wide range of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, including neural networks, decision trees, logistic regressions, or dimension reduction
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
The salary for this position will be determined based on various factors. The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is 130,000 to 170,000.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics, and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good event
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.