Data Scientist, Senior
As an analytics professional, you’re excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set, and you’re fascinated by the possibilities presented by IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. If you care about moving a mission forward as much as advancing the field of data science, this is the opportunity for you. Your deep data science and machine learning expertise, coupled with an original approach to your work, will guide clients and stakeholders as they make sense of their data and encourage actionable results. We’re looking for someone like you to land and lead complex data exploration and analytics projects through your experience with machine learning development and deployment for a multitude of use cases in civilian U.S. agencies.
As an advanced data scientist and researcher on our AI team team, you’ll learn and apply innovative AI and data science methodologies and deployment techniques to make a real-world impact on the mission of our civilian clients You’ll grow your skills in data science, and machine learning operationalization process, and shape the future of analytics through a variety of means like white papers, client presentations, and client interactions.
We’ll keep you sharp and moving forward in your career, with access to online courses, and the latest tools and methods. Whether you’re using AI to find fraud or noncompliance, obtain operational efficiencies, improve citizen experience or other help other mission needs, you’ll guide a team that serves critical missions from end to end.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 5+ years of experience with data science using open source tools such as R or Python
- Experience creating models using machine learning techniques intended for operational decisions
- Experience working with and presenting to non-technical clients
- Experience with persuading stakeholders to take different courses of action
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
- Bachelor's degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with the aspects full life cycle of machine learning development and deployment, including gathering requirements, identifying data, preparing data, building, validating, and using deployable predictive models with the usage having tangible results
- Experience with providing technical direction and leadership to data scientists
- Experience with developing predictive models around fraud, risk, or rare events
- Experience with cloud AI environments, such as Databricks, Azure ML, or AWS Sagemaker
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum processes
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a government investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements of the U.S. government client.
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll build your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $93,300.00 to $212,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.