Data Visualization Specialist
Develop, implement, and support the usage of data visualization toolkit, configuration, deployment, and usage. Apply specific functional, working, and general industry knowledge. Develop or contribute to solutions for a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Work independently with some guidance. Review or guide the activities of junior employees.
- 3+ years of experience with multiple data visualization tools, including Tableau, QlikSense, and PowerBI
- 1+ years of experience with Excel VBA, PowerQuery, and SQL
- Experience designing rich graphic visualizations for modular design of dashboards and developing user interfaces or dashboards, including metrics, filters, charts, graphs, and tables
- Knowledge of various reporting objects, including facts, attributes, hierarchies, filters, calculated fields, sets, groups, or parameters
- Knowledge of advanced data wrangling, from data discovery to cleaning, structuring, and validating
- Ability to gather, analyze data, and problem-solve
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience integrating with data from Data Warehouse
- Experience integrating Big Data platforms as a data source for creating data visualizations
- Knowledge of data visualization best practices in performance tuning and user-centric design
- Secret clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $58,400.00 to $133,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.