Research Data Scientist, Senior
Explore and exploit data sources through the use and creation of scientific processes and technologies to uncover and communicate business insights. Apply advanced consulting skills, extensive technical expertise, and full industry knowledge. Develop innovative solutions to complex problems. Work without considerable direction and mentor and supervise team members.
- 5+ years of experience with data science, data analytics, machine learning, or statistics, including in a management or advisory role
- Experience with identifying and analyzing data sets to meet customer requirements
- Experience with healthcare analytics and data, including claims data or electronic health records
- Experience with preparing customer data for models, including merging and aggregating data, handling anomalies, balancing and feature selection
- Knowledge of data science languages or application, including Python, R, or SAS to build predictive models
- Ability to help interpret model results and communicate them clearly through compelling data visualizations
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with a wide range of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, including neural networks, decision trees, logistic regressions, or dimension reduction
- Experience with machine learning tools, including Keras, TensorFlow or Tesseract
- Knowledge of procedural SQL language, including PL and pgSQL
- Ability to explain analytic and model findings to non-technical audiences
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $93,300.00 to $212,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.