Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
Product managers set the vision for our growing family of products. We’re responsible for guiding multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal: shipping high quality products and creating business value. As advocates for both our users and our business, the best product managers balance a range of functional perspectives and empower their teams to do great, high impact work.
Dropbox runs one of the largest search capabilities in the world with billions of documents. As a Sr Product Manager for Search & Machine Learning Foundations, you’ll be focused on improving our Search and ML infrastructure and foundational technologies that support retrieving and understanding the diverse content stored and organized in Dropbox. You will advocate for search & ML platform customers, align with our multi-product strategy, and partner with platform and ML leadership to prioritize high-impact roadmaps. As such, your work is highly leveraged and has the potential to impact across the spectrum from Dropbox product development to infrastructure.
Your work will range from implementing frameworks to index content, expand breadth of searchable content, implement new technologies to drive developer efficiencies within Search & ML, and coordinate with product teams to empower growth and experimentation. You’ll be working with an amazing team of product managers, engineers, and designers from across teams and functions.
- Build and drive the long term strategy and roadmap for Dropbox Search and Machine Learning platforms, alongside engineering and platform leadership.
- Scale up the search and machine learning capabilities of Dropbox to rapidly launch and iterate on new products cheaply.
- Improve the reliability, testability, and observability of our search and ML systems, infrastructure, and engineering velocity.
- Determine the ROI of investments and build business cases for building vs buying platform and infrastructure components.
- Define platform success metrics for the teams and interface with internal customers (developers, data users, PMs, designers).
- Obsess over outcomes and know where best to invest the team’s valuable time. Share insights and results throughout the company to evangelize the high-impact foundational work of the area across Dropbox.
- Understand strengths of our search and ML platforms’ capabilities and identify / champion additional use cases for adoption within Dropbox.
- Partner with Dropbox Machine Learning Teams to document + understand requirements, ensuring solutions delivered align to technical roadmaps (and balancing short term requirements with the longer term ML platform vision)
- Facilitate collaboration and coordination across all platform teams (web, desktop, mobile) to improve tooling and infrastructure to better support product development.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders across Product, Design, Engineering, and Security to deeply understand and address platform needs.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Business, Applied Math or Statistics, or relevant experience.
- 4+ years experience as a Product Manager, or similar role, ideally with search technology, defining vision and strategy for platform products, going through a full product lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, and driving prioritization and pre/post-launch execution
- Impact driven and a consistent history of driving successful product outcomes from concept to completion.
- Knowledge of standard machine learning lifecycle and methodologies
- Experience building and supporting a platform for internal customers, including managing, and prioritizing security needs.
- Strong understanding of technical architecture and infrastructure principles
- Proven ability to lead engineering teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills to enable platform and product innovation
- Magical capability to sell and influence without authority and gain senior leadership agreement
- Ability to communicate clearly and distill multiple stakeholder roadmaps into priorities for the team
- Comfort with business strategy, portfolio and investment prioritization, cost analysis, key performance tracking, and financial metrics
- Ability to zoom in and out to deeply understand industry trends, platform ecosystems, and competitive advantages
- Demonstrated empathy for developer pain points, and a track record of leadership in building products for engineers
- Motivation and excitement about improving Search and Machine Learning infrastructure to create measurable business value
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is $153,000 - $180,000 - $207,000.
This salary/OTE range represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (Sales roles) range for this position, and is subject to change. To determine a Dropboxer’s starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 11 Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).