Back to Careers
Gopuff is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Geospatial Strategy & Analytics team and play a crucial role in the future growth of the company.
A role on the Geospatial Strategy & Analytics team means providing analysis, insight and guidance to support the strategic growth and thoughtful expansion of our business. You will partner across Operations, Marketing, Merchandising, Real Estate and Finance teams to deliver holistic market strategies and customer insights.
This role drives development of customer and location analysis to ensure a disciplined approach to real estate placement to maximize market value. The role is responsible for prioritizing growth by determining key markets for entry and expansion, continually making necessary adjustments to keep the company ahead of competitors and positioned for sustainable growth. You will create and present your work to senior leaders across the enterprise.
- Lead holistic strategy for placement of stores, ensuring we maximize market coverage, while delivering efficiency and profitabilityLead site analysis and sales projections of potential new and relocation opportunities to ensure that goPuff is competitively positioned to thriveCollaborate with all verticals to ensure visibility and priority of concepts in existing portfoliosResponsible for market enhancement strategy for existing markets to ensure we maintain a profitable network of stores and can adjust to ever changing market conditions.
- Manages internal consulting projects that drive better decisions around store placement, customer segmentation and driving order growth. Sample projects include:Cannibalization / Market Share / Competitive IntensityMaturity curves - revenue, order, frequency, customer acquisition, etc.Potential real estate acquisitionsCustomer segmentation - influencing Assortment and Marketing prioritization
- Develop close partnerships with key stakeholders to help build and influence their businesses through our working knowledge of place, customer behavior, market trends, competitive landscape, and demographic and economic indicators. Example partnerships include:MarketingMerchandising/AssortmentOperationsFinance
- MA/MBA in Geography, Business, Urban Planning or related field
- 6-8 years of relevant business experience
- Deep analytical skills - ability to analyze and translate complex datasets into actionable insights
- Strong decision making, project management, collaboration and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills in written and presentation forms, curates message by audience
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a bias towards action and operates with urgency
- Candidates will have a strong background in analytics and understanding of GIS and demographics (5+years)
- Preferred experience (3+years) in statistical modeling
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.