Back to Careers
Gopuff’s engineering team is building solutions to dramatically change the way people purchase their daily goods. We provide the modern-day solution to meet customer’s immediate everyday needs with products ranging from snacks and ice cream to household goods and beer, at the click of a button.
As the VP of Data Science & Analytics, you will be responsible for collecting, managing, and analyzing user data and product data to provide business intelligence solutions for Product, Marketing, Finance, and Business teams. Manage a team of action-oriented data scientists and analysts, lead and promote our data-focused culture, and act as a key stakeholder in enhancing our data technologies. This position reports directly to our Senior VP of Engineering and is expected to have a high impact on the organization.
- Managed a large team (30-40 people) of analysts and data scientists
- Good balance of theory and practical applications
- Can collaborate and influence cross functional team
- Worked at a data centric and data rich organization where data plays a key role in driving growth
- Has managed a broad scope in the past given that this will have elements of consumer products, ShopperX, Traffic Acquisition, Pricing and marketing performance
- Led research and development of foundational business enablers, including: acquisition and lifecycle stage propensity models, customer segmentation models, experimentation metrics, marketing attribution models, and forecast and lift models
- Hands on experience developing supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms(regression, decision trees/random forest, neural networks, feature selection/reduction, clustering, parameter tuning, etc.)
- Experience in projects involving large scale multidimensional databases, complex business infrastructure, and cross-functional teams. Three to five successfully launched ML projects would be ideal
- 15+ years experience in algorithmic engineering, data science, and/or machine learning
- 7+ years of experience in managing, and mentoring data science, data engineering, and analytics teams in a high-scale technology company
- Preference for candidates with experience at a B2C consumer company, with responsibilities overseeing data science or ML for marketing, advertising, personalization and/or loyalty efforts
- 5+ years of experience with data warehouses and ETL
- Deep technical background with a MS or PhD in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a related field
- Partner with senior business and technology leaders to develop data driven-business strategy - identifying crucial business opportunities that can be solved through data initiatives.
- Oversee planning and execution of self-service analytics data infrastructure roadmap usingTableau or Looker
- Provide guidance and thought-leadership on analytical best practices to team members and business partners
- Actively drives data-driven culture across the company and challenges key decisions that are not rooted in data
- Demonstrates deep understanding of how the business operates holistically, and establishes goals and priorities to align the team efforts and organizational strategy
- Partner with our Data Engineering team to build requirements for data infrastructure necessary to facilitate efficient analysis and reporting
- Builds team vision, strategies, roadmaps, and priorities that align with business objectives and organizational goals
- Able to hire and retain top talent to continuously develop existing team and raise the bar for the bar for new hires
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvements
- Product Revenue optimization, AB testing
- Lead advanced analytics and data science competencies to support initiatives around product revenue optimization, marketing analytics, multi-touch attribution, customer segmentation and personalization, customer acquisition strategy, campaign incrementally measurement, operational and labor optimization, territory growth expansion, recommender systems, SEM bidding, demand and supply forecasting
- Customer segmentation: high vs low intent, upper vs. mid vs. lower funnel to inform acquisition strategy, product roadmap & media monetization plan
- Data science models around recommendation- sort, cross sells, upsells, buyer intent and SEM bidding, supply forecasting.
The only predictable thing about life is that it’s wildly unpredictable. That’s where we come in.
When life does what it does best, customers turn to Gopuff to deliver their everyday essentials, and to get through their day & night, work day and weekend.
We’re assembling a team of thinkers, dreamers & risk-takers...the kind of people who know the value of peace of mind in an unpredictable world. (And people who love snacks.)
Like what you’re hearing? Welcome to Gopuff.
The Gopuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.