Back to Careers
Love data? Love to make a huge impact? As the Analyst within the Strategy + Innovation Analytics vertical at Gopuff, you’ll bring thought-leadership and insights to help optimize many aspects of our business - from customer acquisition and retention to user behaviors and branding. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical, analytical, communication and stakeholder management skills who can partner effectively with leaders across our new verticals and strategy organization. This role is within our data & analytics team and we’re designed to move fast. You’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact as the future success of Gopuff will depend on the insights we derive from our data.
- 5+ years of experience in analytics or data science - preferably in fields related to strategy, product, marketing, or merchandising.
- Bachelors in Business, Statistics, Engineering, or other quantitative discipline
- High degree of intellectual curiosity, comfortable gathering and analyzing large amounts of data across a variety of business dimensions in a fast paced environment.
- Experience leading major end-to-end analytic projects (planning, design, hands-on development, stakeholder management, communication, and maintenance).
- Expert in SQL and database table design - able to build analytical tools to scale insights and data pipelines to automate analysis findings
- Proficiency in R or Python
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis and experiment design
- Experience in data warehousing concepts, big data technologies, and analytics platforms
- Development experience with BI platforms such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing multiple cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience collecting business requirements and working with engineering teams to implement marketing data pipelines
- Top-notch organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Move fast, be a team player, always be learning and give back
- Build sophisticated and complex analytics assets to evaluate business performance, identify trends, and advise leadership on potential opportunities for investment and growth.
- Design analyses starting with “why” - design experiments and hypotheses with business partners to help launch net-new Gopuff products and verticals.
- Develop and maintain the role of a “trusted advisor” with product leaders and cross-functional partners to drive long-term impact.
- Subject-matter-expert working with semi-structured data and coordinating with engineering teams to build scalable analytics processes.
- Help drive analytics for the customer-facing side of the business - including marketing analytics, site analytics, merchandising, pricing and promotions, and more.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business drivers through data exploration, propose what to build next in the roadmap, understand infrastructure, customer behaviors, and long-term micro/macro trends.
- Identify new levers to drive KPIs and build innovative models to measure product launches and/or to drive go-to-market strategies.
- Influence business partners through presenting and communicating data-based recommendations.
- Forecast and set product goals, build scalable measurement solutions, and understand the root causes of changes in key metrics.
- Partner with other Analytics team members, Product Management, Engineering, and other functions to identify opportunities, propose solutions, and share insights - ensuring consistency of data-driven decision-making.
- Focus on process and continuous improvement of existing processes, demonstrate courage to disrupt the status quo.
- Mentor and influence tech, product, and business competency across the organization.
The only predictable thing about life is that it’s wildly unpredictable. That’s where we come in.
When life does what it does best, customers turn to Gopuff to deliver their everyday essentials, and to get through their day & night, work day and weekend.
We’re assembling a team of thinkers, dreamers & risk-takers...the kind of people who know the value of peace of mind in an unpredictable world. (And people who love snacks.)
Like what you’re hearing? Welcome to Gopuff.
The Gopuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.