Back to Careers
Love data? Love to make a huge impact? As the Analyst within our centralized Data & Analytics team at goPuff, you’ll bring thought-leadership and insights to help optimize many aspects of our business - from customer acquisition and retention to user behaviors and branding. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical, analytical, communication and stakeholder management skills who can partner effectively with leaders across our new verticals and strategy organization. You’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact as the future success of goPuff will depend on the insights we derive from our data.
- Build sophisticated and complex analytics assets to evaluate business performance, identify trends, and advise leadership on potential opportunities for investment and growth
- Design analyses starting with “why” - design experiments and hypotheses with business partners to help launch net-new Gopuff products and verticals
- Develop and maintain the role of a “trusted advisor” with product leaders and cross-functional partners to drive long-term impact
- Help drive analytics for the customer-facing side of the business - including marketing analytics, site analytics, merchandising, pricing and promotions, and more
- Develop a deep understanding of the business drivers through data exploration, propose what to build next in the roadmap, understand infrastructure, customer behaviors, and long-term micro/macro trends
- Understand complexity when working with semi-structured data and can partner with engineering teams to transform and leverage data into actionable insights
- Perform deep-dives to analyze problems, identify opportunities and suggest experiments based on findings
- Assist business partners make data-based decisions through presenting and communicating recommendations
- Coordinate with stakeholders to forecast product goals, build scalable measurement solutions, and understand the root causes of changes in key metrics
- Partner with other Analytics team members, Product Management, Engineering, and other functions to identify opportunities, propose solutions, and share insights - ensuring consistency of data-driven decision-making
- Focus on process and continuous improvement of existing processes, demonstrate courage to disrupt the status quo
- 2+ years of experience in analytics or data science - preferably in fields related to marketing, digital merchandising, or consumer product
- Bachelors in Business, Statistics, Engineering, or other quantitative discipline
- High degree of intellectual curiosity, comfortable gathering and analyzing large amounts of data across a variety of business dimensions in a fast paced environment
- Experience working on major analytic projects (planning, design, hands-on development, stakeholder management, communication, and maintenance)
- Expert in SQL and database table design - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Proficiency in R or Python
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis and experiment design
- Experience in data warehousing concepts, big data technologies, and analytics platforms
- Development experience with BI platforms such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI
- Experience in building an Attribution Model
- Experience in a subscription service or loyalty programs
- Experience in email marketing analytics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing multiple cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience collecting business requirements and working with engineering teams to implement marketing data pipelines
- Top-notch organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Move fast, be a team player, always be learning and give back
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.