Back to Careers
Gopuff’s engineering team is building solutions to dramatically change the way people purchase their daily goods. We provide the modern-day solution to meet customer’s immediate everyday needs with products ranging from snacks and ice cream to household goods and beer, at the click of a button.
As an Analytics Engineering Manager at Gopuff you’ll be responsible for leading and developing a team of engineers aimed at building trusted sources of truth for how we measure and manage our business. You’ll be an integral part of developing our data modeling and analytics data product strategy, inherently helping implement scalable and extensible solutions that expedite Gopuff’s data-driven decision speed and quality. We’re looking for a visionary that is passionate about data being treated as both a first-class citizen and a strategic asset, as well as an individual that can help lead and develop a team of skilled engineers that are extremely passionate about making data actionable at an enterprise scale.
Our stack currently consists of stitch and various data engineering pipelines for extracting and loading, snowflake, dbt, and looker. If you have expertise in these tools, or an appetite to learn more about them—let’s chat!
- Own, evangelize, and refine our self-service analytics strategy, focused on building world-class data products (transformed, curated data via dbt + key enterprise-impacting dashboards & visualizations in Looker) that standardize how key executives and practitioners manage the health of our core business
- Partner with product managers, data + software engineers, and business stakeholders to obtain a holistic understanding of each team’s data needs and translate into infrastructure and tooling that enables a data-driven culture
- Lead a team of analytics engineers in building a portfolio of enhanced, cutting-edge business intelligence capabilities that empower data analysts, scientists, go-to-market teams, and other data consumers
- Ensure that as the company’s strategic imperatives and business demands change and evolve, financial impact, reach, quality, and time-to-market are consistently cared for and considered as Analytics Engineering is developing and executing on their backlog of feature requests
- Bachelors in Engineering, Business, Information Systems or other quantitative disciplines
- Experience in leading, developing, and mentoring data engineers, data analysts, and/or data scientists from discovery, backlog refinement & curation, to stakeholder prioritization, through to feature execution
- 6-8+ years of experience in related analytical, business information/intelligence systems and/or data engineering fields
- Expert SQL proficiency with proven competencies in designing well-architected data models, optimizing for query performance, and clearly documenting code
- Experience and strong knowledge in data warehousing concepts, big data technologies, and analytics platforms. Redshift and/or Snowflake experience strongly preferred
- Experience with implementing and/or owning enterprise BI tooling (Looker, Tableau, or similar visualization/dashboarding tool)
- Experience working with dbt or similar analytics workflow tools, as well as git workflows
- Excellent communication skills to work with stakeholders to translate business needs and ideas into tractable work items
- Top notch organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Move fast, be a team player, always be learning and give back
The only predictable thing about life is that it’s wildly unpredictable. That’s where we come in.
When life does what it does best, customers turn to Gopuff to deliver their everyday essentials, and to get through their day & night, work day and weekend.
We’re assembling a team of thinkers, dreamers & risk-takers...the kind of people who know the value of peace of mind in an unpredictable world. (And people who love snacks.)
Like what you’re hearing? Welcome to Gopuff.
The Gopuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or any other protected characteristic or status. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEO Employer.