Remote, Work from Home, United States
Cigna is dramatically expanding its deployment of analytics across the business as we fulfill our customer-centric mission to help the people we serve improve their health and well-being. Cigna Analytics team provides the ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex and complicated business problems and identify opportunities for innovation for US based business lines including individual/retail and employer segments, medical, network, disability, dental, service operations, and pharmacy. These businesses are aligned under our health improvement and retail strategies, all with the common goal of identifying what works best for our customers. The organization supports the business by applying the following techniques to answer these key business questions:
- Advanced trend analytics to answer “what happened?”
- Root cause statistical analyses to answer “why did this happen?”
- Predictive modeling to answer “what will happen next?” and “who is it likely to happen to?”
- Data mining and pattern analysis to answer “where are the opportunities?”
- Innovation processes and pilot campaigns to answer “how can we get better?”
By partnering with the business lines, these analytic competencies enable efficient and effective decision making to allow us to constantly improve and create evidence-based customer-focus solutions. The department also has overall accountability for the methods and standards used to create actionable, proof-of-value statements for all the clients. As such, we set the standards for the methods that apply externally in reporting the value of Cigna's services to the client and ensure that results can be used to make material changes to the client’s covered population.
Cigna's mission is to help the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security. This role will directly work on achieving Cigna's mission by developing analytical approaches to identifying and evaluating health-related solutions and services for Cigna customers, clients and providers. The person in this role will be expected to have the requisite content knowledge related to 1) Quantitative analytics for designing and conducting opportunity analysis, program evaluation research and health outcomes studies, and 2) Qualitative health research in developing and assessing the proof of concept and a subsequent pilot for a specific case management program to drive business decisions. He/she will have fundamental understanding of different statistical modeling techniques, economic evaluation concepts, and general health service research. The selected candidate will interface with clinical, reporting, product development, operations, and marketing departments as appropriate.
This position is with Evernorth, a new business within the Cigna Corporation.
The JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with business partners within clinical, operations and marketing to determine the best approach for testing the effectiveness of new/existing program
- Guide the development and analysis of a case management program, from proof of concept, data management to data analysis, interpretation, and presentation to internal and external stakeholders
- Extraction and analysis of large healthcare claims data, conduct opportunity analysis including descriptive and multivariate statistics to identify patterns in the data
- Matched-case control studies and/or randomized control trials for determining the effectiveness of health program services and solutions
- Presentation of results and recommendations to non-technical business partners and stakeholders to drive the decision-making process and support business operations for internal and external customers.
- The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated, flexible and embrace change. In addition, the candidate will know evaluation research design techniques and their strengths and weaknesses. This role typically requires BS or MS in Biostatistics, Statistics, Health Services Research, Epidemiology or equivalent training and mastery.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL OFFER:
- Strong customer focus and management of client expectations
- Advanced degree or equivalent preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience in related analytics strongly preferred
- Experience with statistical software, primarily R, SAS (SAS Enterprise Guide is a plus) and/or Python
- Deep healthcare data (e.g., ICD-9/ICD-10, claims, profiling), statistical analysis experience, and demonstrated understanding of health care and delivery system processes
- Leadership competencies with the ability to collaborate with others and establish working relationships, communicate effectively across the organization and at different levels, think and act strategically, and influence key leaders
- Translate business needs into practical applications and solutions
- Working knowledge of program evaluation, predictive modeling, data mining, steerage, pharmacy and care management
- Ability to successfully navigate and contribute in a highly-matrixed environment
- Emerging track record of presentations / publications
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.