About eviCore’s inQbator (Cigna is the parent company of evicore)
The Boston-based inQbator is a hub of healthcare innovation that solves problems at the nexus of patients, clinicians, and insurance providers. Originally founded as a healthcare startup spun-out of Partners HealthCare in 2012 and acquired by eviCore Healthcare in 2016, we have years of experience building solutions that streamline patient care, reduce the administrative burden on clinicians, and prevent wasteful spending in medicine. We're committed to making a difference in healthcare, and are looking for talented machine learning engineers from all backgrounds to help us!
What you’ll be working on The inQbator AI team has a mature ecosystem of solutions currently deployed to production that use state of the art natural language processing and machine learning techniques to bring tangible improvements to healthcare processes. Our near-term focus is on building solutions to address problems within the domain of prior-authorization, and our long-term problem space is incredibly broad and open-ended. As such, to identify the next generation of problems that we will tackle, we interact regularly with a diverse group of stakeholders that includes representatives from Cigna (eviCore’s parent company), Evernorth (the independent health services business unit within Cigna), clinicians and hospital networks (with whom we have partnerships), and ultimately the patients we seek to help.
As a member of the AI team, you will:
- work closely and interactively with our product team to help build ML solutions that automate key parts of the prior-authorization process
- research use cases and build proof-of-concept solutions for problems that impact patients, clinicians, and insurance providers
- have access to an comprehensive catalog of clinical and non-clinical data through our various affliiations
- mentor and collaborate with other members of the AI team
- work on problems that can have a positive impact on the health and well-being of many people
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Strong mathematical and statistical background - 5 - 7 years experience applying NLP/ML/Data analysis to solve real world problems
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of machine learning algorithms and tools
- Experience with a diverse set of computing technologies including Python, Linux, Bash, SQL and continually learning more.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.