This role is an opportunity to use data science and clinical and population health analytics to support Cigna's Individual and Family Plans (IFP) business. Projects will involve utilizing claims, demographic, clinical, and other data to identify at-risk populations and inform clinical, population health, and risk adjustment strategies. Our goal is to use data science to drive business decisions that will improve health outcomes and reduce health care costs.
The right candidate will possess a strong degree of innovation, a core data/analytics skillset, and a proficiency in advanced analytic methods. They will also demonstrate a talent for translating between technical and non- technical audiences, as well as a desire to champion a data-driven culture with our business partners.
Extract and analyze large healthcare claims data using SAS, SQL, R, etc. in order to:
- Inform and develop innovation solutions and pilot campaigns to help our customers coordinate care, improve health, and decrease total cost of care
- Develop predictive models to answer “what will happen next?” and “who is it likely to happen to?”
- Use data science and advanced analytic methods (machine learning, cluster analysis, predictive modeling) to identify areas of opportunity and inform population health strategy and clinical program solutions
- Perform opportunity analysis including descriptive and multivariate statistics to identify patterns in the data
Interpret analytic results in order to
- Create actionable insights and recommendations for business leaders
- Present results and recommendations to non-technical business partners and stakeholders to drive the decision-making process
- Partner closely with the business to ensure a cohesive understanding of our business strategy
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or equivalent training
- Working knowledge of analytic techniques such as program evaluations, health outcomes analysis, regression analysis, and data mining
- Previous experience with evaluation methodologies such as matched case control or randomized trials
- Experience with statistical software and tools such as SAS, SQL, R, etc. and dashboard tools such as Tableau, R Shiny, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience in a related field
- Ability to collaborate with others and establish working relationships, communicate effectively across the organization and at different levels, think and act strategically, and influence key leaders
- Strong customer focus and management of client expectations
- Ability to translate business needs into practical applications and solutions
- Deep healthcare data (e.g., ICD-9/ICD-10, claims, profiling) and demonstrated understanding of health care and delivery system processes preferred
- Ability to successfully navigate and contribute in a matrix environment; prior corporate experience preferred
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.