Cigna is seeking a Data Scientist who is passionate about machine learning, building models, data mining and NLP in their Service Operations group. This is a work from home position for candidates based in the US.
Who We Are
The Cigna Service Operations Business Intelligence & Analytics (SOBI&A) organization offers solutions that provide actionable insights to internal and external business partners and customers that help reduce health costs, improve outcomes, provide financial security and measure and forecast business performance.
The Data Scientist position is a hands-on role responsible for the end-to-end design, testing and development of machine learning models for Service Operations. As a Data Scientist in SOBI&A you will work closely with other team members and business stakeholders to apply machine learning, deep learning, NLP and other advanced analytic techniques to solve business problems. You will research and prepare data for analysis, perform data exploration, apply machine learning and statistical techniques to draw conclusions and build innovative analytic solutions to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
• Work individually and/or with team members to design and develop machine learning models for prototyping or ad-hoc analyses.
• Apply data mining techniques and perform statistical analysis as needed.
• Collect and organize information from a variety of data sources. Write queries to underlying Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases.
• Work with business partners to learn and understand the specific domain (i.e. Claim Ops, Call/Contact Center, Client Services…).
• Interview stakeholders in order to understand pain points.
• Clearly present findings to leadership and be able to articulate and influence the Business Case for change.
• Minimum 5 years of hands-on, industry experience in machine learning algorithms and statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, neural nets, support vector machines, ensemble modeling and text mining techniques such as sentiment analysis, topic modeling and entity extraction.
• Multi-year experience with Python and SQL.
• Exceptional quantitative skills and attention to detail.
• Predictive modeling experience preferred.
• Experience in claims preferred.
• Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computational Linguistics or related field, strongly preferred. MS or PhD preferred.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships across the organization.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.