It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing:
We are looking for a bright and energetic individual to help us capture, organize, integrate, load, and summarize our data as a Data Developer with at least 2 years of applicable experience.
This is a hybrid role; time will split (roughly 50/50 but actively adjusted based on team needs) between supporting existing reports/data analysis and designing/building new data and reporting capabilities. The ability to work independently and think creatively will be required to thrive in this role.
- Understand our products from both technical and business perspectives
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, internal subject matter experts, and end users to create stable working software
- Design, build, document, and maintain internal processes
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, best practices, and new technologies; we are always improving our processes and will need your engaged and earnest contributions!
- Identify, ticket, analyze, and triage data and application issues and support implementation of resolutions
- Manage application, system, and client metadata settings
- Monitor performance and process efficiency of internal BI DW data interfaces under your care and take corrective action to redesign and/or resolve when needed
- Actively contribute to automation of internal processes where possible
- Develop detailed reference documents for systems under your care
- Comfortable leading and mentoring others
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- 2+ years of experience developing data processing solutions via SSIS (or similar ETL technology) to feed into supporting Data Warehouse systems
- 2+ years supporting/developing MicroStrategy (or similar technology) BI RDBMS backend data warehouse environments (IE: creating new tables, building out existing tables to support new reporting, reworking processes to see performance gains, etc.).
- Full-stack understanding of all that goes into supporting a BI tool (versus only knowing back-end or front-end)
- In depth knowledge of SQL (SQL Server 2012+), data management principles and databases (query optimization / performance debugging is a big plus)
- Experience building out BI Reporting using the data you gathered and crafted
- Functional understanding of SAS (Statistical Analysis System) language or similar technology (R, Python, etc)
- Comfortable with version control (Mercurial, Git, Subversion) and industry standard deployment tools/processes (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, AWS, etc)
- Must be able to work through requirement ambiguity and/or help define requirements based on design discussions with internal users
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; cannot be afraid to ask questions that will help get the work done
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and root cause analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (we earnestly mean this; has anyone ever gushed about your process documentation? Now is your time to brag!)
- Must be comfortable in a highly dynamic work environment
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- DevOps experience/exposure
- Technical writing experience
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Understand CI/CD concepts or working within CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with Linux/Unix Scripting, SAS, Jira/Confluence, Aldera, Python, C#
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely across all fifty (50) states temporarily due to COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.