Sr. Data Analyst
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent Health is looking for a Senior Data Analyst in Health Care to be a key member of our Evolent data management team. This individual will play a critical role in executing Evolent Health’s mission by managing data-driven activities related to data profiling, data discovery and analysis, requirements definition, testing and continuous improvement of data collection, mapping, analysis and transformation processes.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Analyze data files, data layouts and data dictionaries from providers of health care data (eligibility, attribution, account/plan, clinical data, medical claims, pharmacy claims) to understand data structure
- Perform root cause analysis, requirements definition and provide support to Data Integration and QA teams related to production issues, outages, and support requests
- Doing deep dives with healthcare datasets and identifying relationships in the data and any gaps/issues
- Develop an understanding of how data moves through the enterprise
- Lead requirements interviews with Client Implementation Leads plus additional resources from Development and QA to ensure comprehensive understanding of data operating logic, the business intent of the modification request, and the potential impact of any additional data being added to (or modifying) an existing process
- Drive projects to completion – projects will typically require the data analyst to perform specific work or research that needs to be coordinated with tasks performed by downstream groups such as Dev and QA to ensure project completeness in the requested timeframe
- Serve as subject matter expert in primary data domain relative to client’s data and transformation rules; back up analysts in other data domains as workloads and priorities necessitate
- Coach/mentor less-senior team members on issue identification and resolution
- Contribute to the generation and execution of test cases to validate source data has been accurately re-mapped, transformed and loaded
- Alert project managers to potential risks and issues of importance
The Experience You Need (Required):
- 5+ years of experience in information technology
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3+ years experience with SQL required to write queries, join tables to view/test data in a relational database
- Understanding of Medical Claims, Rx Claims, Clinical Data, Eligibility, healthcare insurance benefit and group account setup, Provider data and related processes around them
- Experience in analyzing, defining and documenting business processes and rules
- Experience testing data and creating related test cases
- Proven track record in establishing strong relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and vendors
- Intense intellectual curiosity and an ability to view problems with a fresh perspective
- Excellent written computer and oral communication skills
- Patience and persistence to sift through complex data/information to get to the core knowledge
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Experience with clinical coding systems: ICD9/10 diagnosis codes, ICD9/10 procedure codes, CPT codes, revenue codes, provider NPI codes, NDC Rx codes.
- Knowledge of medical claim file contents and adjustment/reversal logic
- Solid track record in establishing strong relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and additional IT or QA resources as is necessary to bring projects to fruition
- A knack for dealing with healthcare datasets and finding relationships in the data and any gaps/issues
- Knowledge of medical claim file contents (both UB04 and HCFA-1500) and significance of individual fields
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.